The ENBDC workshop takes place every year in Weggis, Switzerland with the aim to gather researchers from all over the world to discuss normal mammary gland biology and breast cancer.
The 3-day workshop consist of talks from experts in various domains and techniques pertaining to breast biology. Short talks from selected abstracts and poster sessions allow for convivial exchanges.
Registration for the 2019 Workshop is now open.
May 16-18th, 2019 - Weggis, Switzerland
- Registration and abstract submission opening: 16th of January 2019
- Registration and abstract submission ending: 8th of March 2019
- Short talk selection: End of March
Single room: 600 CHF/person
Double room: 550 CHF/person
The fee covers a stay of 2 nights from Thursday, May 16th to Saturday, May 18th. Meals are included, as well as an excursion on Mount Rigi, above Weggis and Lake Luzern. The registration fee must be paid within 20 days after registration.
Organising Committee and Scientific Progam:
ENBDC Chair: Zuzana Koledova, Marasyk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Co-Chair: Alexandra Van Keymeulen , Faculty of Medicine, Brussels, Belgium
Postdoc Chairs: Vida Vafaizadeh (University of Basel, Switzerland) and Emilia Peuhu (University of Turku, Finland)
You will find here instructions on how to reach Weggis from different locations. A summary is available in this PDF file.
From Zurich Airport:
- Take the train from the airport in direction to Zurich main station (Zurich Hauptbahnof)
- Switch train to Luzern bahnof (InterRegio IR70)
Once in Luzern you have two options to reach Weggis:
1. Boat (recommended, approx. 40min)
- Walk to the Luzern Bahnofquai just outside the trainstation
- Take the boat to Weggis (direction Vitznau).
A boat is departing Luzern every hour, and you may consult the precise times here - Boat Timetable
2. Train then Bus (approx. 35min)
- In Luzern station take the train in direction of St. Gallen and stop at Küssnacht am Rigi
- Take the bus No. 2 in direction of Schwyz, Post and take off at the Dörfli stop in Weggis
All bus/train timetables and prices are available on the swiss railway company website (SBB) and mobile app (both very convenient and available in English).
- Use the motorway Zug-Schwyz and get off at exit Küssnacht.
- Drive in direction of Weggis/ Brunnen.
- Once in Weggis turn right at the first roundabout, towards the lake (direction Herthenstein
- You will eventually cross the street “Seestrasse”) where is located the hotel.
A public parking is located next to the hotel. The fee is 8CHF/day (not included in the registration).