ENBDC Workshop 2023
The ENBDC is happy to invite you to the 2023 edition of its “Methods in mammary gland biology and breast cancer workshop. The meeting will take place on from April 26th (Students day) to 29th 2023 in the now traditional location of Weggis, Switzerland, with the aim to gather researchers from all over the world to discuss normal mammary gland biology and breast cancer.
The 2-day workshop will consist of talks from experts in various domains and techniques pertaining to breast biology. Short talks from selected abstracts and poster sessions allow for convivial exchange
For any organizational/administrative question please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
ENBDC Ski Day
As traditional as the workshop, the ski day will also take place this year. Find more information on this flyer and contact email@example.com for registration and further details.
Details:Dates: Students day: April 26th // Workshop: April 27th-29th Venue: Seminar-Hotel Rigi am See (Seestrasse 53-57, 6353 Weggis, Switzerland)
- Single room occupancy: CHF 625 / person
- Double/shared room occupancy : CHF 575 / person
- Add CHF 75 (special student rate) to the fee if you attend the "Pre-workshop student’s Day" on Wednesday. This day is ONLY intended for Students and Postdocs.The fee includes hotel accommodation, meals and afternoon excursion to Mont Rigi.The workshop starts at noon on Thursday April 27 and finishes at noon on Saturday April 29. The Pre-workshop Student’s Day starts at noon on Wednesday April 26. The number of participants is limited. The registration will be on a first come first served basis and effective once the payment is received.
The program will be frequently updated so please visit our website regularly.
Abstract submission: please bring a poster (max. A0) to present at the poster session. Two weeks prior to the meeting, abstracts will be reviewed and selected for "Short Talks”. The selected people will be informed in due time.During the meeting there will be an award for the "Best Short Talk" as well as for the "Best Poster
Registrations are now closed. For late inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Organising Committee and Scientific Program 2023:
- ENBDC Chair: Jos Jonkers, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Co-Chair: Silvia Fre, Institut Curie, Paris, France
- Postdoc & PhD Chairs: Silke Chalmers & Tanne van der Wall
The DeOme Award:
The ENBDC DeOme prize is awarded yearly to the best abstract and short talk of the ENBDC meeting.
"Kenneth DeOme was a pioneer and giant in the area of mammary gland biology, especially premalignant disease. As a scientist, he was innovative and persevering. He created important methodology that is still used today for studying mammary gland development and premalignant progression. As a mentor, he was always available to his students and encouraged the pursuit of new ideas and approaches. As an international leader he led the US efforts to repair the European mammary research infrastructure following the war. This effort ultimately led to formation of the International Association for Breast Cancer Research. He was a man of integrity and compassion. We, his students, stand on his shoulders in advancing the science and lessons he taught us."
Dan Medina and Robert Cardiff