The ENBDC workshop takes place every year in Weggis, Switzerland with the aim to gather researchers from all over the world to discuss normal mammary gland biology and breast cancer.
The 3-day workshop consist of talks from experts in various domains and techniques pertaining to breast biology. Short talks from selected abstracts and poster sessions allow for convivial exchanges.
April 22-24, 2020 - Weggis, Switzerland
Important - 12th ENBDC Annual Meeting postponed to April 22-24 2021
First of all, we would sincerely like to thank all speakers, chairs and attendees for agreeing to participate in the ENBDC meeting 2020.
Based on the current guidelines of the University of Basel concerning the local conferences, we decided to reschedule the ENBDC meeting, to April 22-24, 2021. The development of the Covid-19 situation is unpredictable and we have come to the conclusion that a rescheduling is the best we can do for all the attendees and our environment.
We hope all participants can attend the meeting on April 22-24, 2021. Please note that we will transfer all registrations. If you are not able to attend the meeting in September, please inform us as soon as possible (contact xiomara.banholzer at unibas.ch). In this case, we encourage you to ask another lab member to take your spot instead of canceling your attendance.
In the meantime registrations have been re-opened, in order to allow people who might be able to join in September to join us. Please use the "Register here" button below to do so.
Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to seeing you in April 2021.
Organising Committee and Scientific Progam:
ENBDC Chair: Alexandra Van Keymeulen (Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium)
Co-Chair: Beatrice Howard (The Institute of Cancer Research, United Kingdom)
Postdoc Chairs: Elsa Charifou (Institut Pasteur, France) and Gunnhildur Traustadottir (University of Iceland, Iceland)
Single room: 600 CHF/person
Double room: 550 CHF/person
The fee covers a stay of 2 nights. Meals are included, as well as an excursion on Mount Rigi, above Weggis and Lake Luzern. The registration fee must be paid within 10 days after registration.
You will find here instructions on how to reach Weggis from different locations. A summary is available in this PDF file.
From Zurich Airport:
- Take the train from the airport in direction to Zurich main station (Zurich Hauptbahnof)
- Switch train to Luzern bahnof (InterRegio IR70)
Once in Luzern you have two options to reach Weggis:
1. Boat (recommended, approx. 40min)
- Walk to the Luzern Bahnofquai just outside the trainstation
- Take the boat to Weggis (direction Vitznau).
A boat is departing Luzern every hour, and you may consult the precise times here - Boat Timetable
2. Train then Bus (approx. 35min)
- In Luzern station take the train in direction of St. Gallen and stop at Küssnacht am Rigi
- Take the bus No. 2 in direction of Schwyz, Post and take off at the Dörfli stop in Weggis
All bus/train timetables and prices are available on the swiss railway company website (SBB) and mobile app (both very convenient and available in English).
- Use the motorway Zug-Schwyz and get off at exit Küssnacht.
- Drive in direction of Weggis/ Brunnen.
- Once in Weggis turn right at the first roundabout, towards the lake (direction Herthenstein
- You will eventually cross the street “Seestrasse”) where is located the hotel.
A public parking is located next to the hotel. The fee is 8CHF/day (not included in the registration).